Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Coolant pipe repaint

Here is the rust old coolant pipe.... Note, some of the red is rust, but in a few places you can see the original red paint showing through.

OK, not the best photo... The coolant pipe got a coat of POR-15 gray and then 3 coats of POR-15 engine enamel (Ford red). I don't think the engine paint needed 3 coats, but I had some drips and runs on the first coat that needed to be sanded out. There were a few runs on the final coat that I might try to buff out with rubbing compound, but I doubt they will be visible and may just leave them. Switching to a higher quality paintbrush seemed to help, the first coats were done with a disposable brush that did not produce a smooth finish, and to compensate I globed on more paint leading to the runs...

No comments:

Post a Comment