Monday, September 20, 2010

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Before..
Here is the Bosch fuel pressure regulator in the car, it's held in place by a nut that attached to a bracket on the heater/blower box.




The Bosch fuel pressure regulator  (stamped 0 280 160 001,  below the part number are the numbers  123) was cleaned up using a wire brush on a Dremel tool, and lots of metal polish (Mothers). The bracket was cleaned up and painted with POR-15 gloss black (available here); more air bubbles remained in the paint that I would have liked, but I will wait to repaint it once I know how I will paint the heater box, to which the bracket attaches. The new regulators I've seen on the web look to be cadmium plated. Clearly I would have polished some of that off, but there was no evidence of it, even on the hose barbs that would have been covered.....? Testing of the pressure regulator will have to wait until more of the fuel system is up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment