Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bosch Coil

In the car...


Out of the car before cleaning and painting:
Note: my hands would not be so dirty, those must be my Wife's...




The coil was painted with POR-15; I've been having issues with air bubbles in the paint as you can see... although the lighting in this photo makes them a little more noticeable than I think they will be in the car... (and I'm sticking to that). At any rate, it looks much better then it did, I could wet sand and spray it, but I do like the fact the POR is so durable; also, I can't spend my whole life working on one part... so, time to move on. The bracket was originally galvanized; I sanded it down to remove rust, applied Napa self-etching primer and then Rustoleum "Bright Coat" "Metallic Finish" "7714 Aluminum".  I'm trying to list all the paints used so that when/if things fail I will know what works and what doesn't. Testing with an Ohm meter showed that the primary and secondary coil were within in specifications so it should be OK.



The South end, with part number (0 221 102 0) 12V

No comments:

Post a Comment