Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fuel Rail cleaned up and painted!

This is the fuel rail that the injectors attach to. It seems to be copper that was painted with a gloss black paint. Here it is after some light cleaning and sanding.. The wire on the upper right was used to hang it while painting.





Here it is freshly painted with 2 coats of black semi-gloss POR-15. POR is supposed to be resistant to gas and high temperatures so I will leave it as the final coat of paint. Below the rail are the freshly painted fuel injector hold down rings.

2 comments:

  1. This is a test comment to see if I get an email....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey David. I just stumbled on your blog. Nice job with the work and posts. I was bored and doing some research for my '71. You should post your cradle and suspension. David

    ReplyDelete