Saturday, August 28, 2010

Throttle Position Sensor

Removed the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) cleaned the inside up a bit and painted the metal and screws.
On the intake manifold...



Opened up. I'm not sure if that is the remains of dirt or an old gasket along the edges of the metal backing plate. I think it was an oil and dirt mix that creeped in over time; there are two notches on the left side of the metal plate which would prevent a seal anyway, so a gasket would seem not to make sense.



Cleaned and painted, I used the NAPA self etching primer over that just some silver colored spray paint. I think I will replace the two mounting screws seen on the upper right of the photo....

1 comment:

  1. Nice Work! - Looks like new. Mine does not have a gasket in it either -so I think they edges just fill with gunk.

    How did you get this off? Mine is missing the top screw, and the bottom one is VERY rusted in place. It seems impossible to get any leverage on it.

    ReplyDelete